40 years of experience in the development and production of diffraction and dispersion crystal components!
Dozens of thousands of diffraction and dispersion crystal components (DDC) made by Bourevestnik, Inc. are installed at all serial Russian national X-ray instruments, provide fundamental and applied developments done at R&D centres, are continuously supplied to industrially developed countries.
Wide range of their application promotes a variety of materials, sizes and forms for DDC with limited scopes of supply. Our technologies are focused on small-batch and single-piece production with thorough step-by-step control.
Crystal diffraction dispersing elements (CDEs)
Crystal diffraction dispersing elements (CDEs) are designed for X-ray dispersion in equipment for spectral (analyzing crystals) and structural analysis (monochromator crystal).
Bourevestnik, Inc. manufactures CDEs optimized with respect to diffraction parameters for serial instruments produced by domestic and world’s leading manufacturers and by the orders of research centres.
Materials and reflecting planes of CDEs
- ithium fluoride (200), (220), (420)
- germanium (111), (220), (422)
- silicon (111), (220), (422)
- quartz (1011), (1010), (1340)
- graphite (0002)
- pentaerythritol PET(002)
- potassium biphthalate KAP(001)
- rubidium biphthalate RbAP(001)
- multilayer coatings of different types
- other materials and reflecting planes at the customer’s request
Different orientation of reflecting plane:
- parallel to working surfaces (reflection geometry)
- parallel to working surfaces (transmission geometry)
- an optional angle to the working surface
CDEs of complex configuration:
- single bent (cylindrical, conical)
- double bent (spherical, toroidal)
- with complex contour (triangular, elliptical, etc.)
- cylindrically grinded and bent (Johansson type)
- bent to logarithmic spiral
- channel-cut for multiple reflection and interference
Single-crystal sample holders
Single-crystal sample holders are designed for diffraction analysis of weak reflections and microquantity of samples on diffractometers of various brands including DRON. Due to interference in the single-crystal, they eliminate coherent scattering which is the main part of the registered background while using other holders.
- Materials: silicon, quartz
- Shape: round, rectangular
- Working surface: flat polished or with a sample cavity (cell)
The crystals can be mounted on customer's or our own holds, flat or bent crystal carrier surfaces.
Large area flat or bent crystal panel compositions.
Check and adjustment of DDCs with control radiation in the range of 0.5-2.5 A after own rocking curve (angular distribution of radiant reflectance).
DDC and X-ray optical diagram selection and parameter matching services.
Single crystal sample holders to reduce background in the X-ray diffraction analysis of phase composition.
Other crystal and glass optical components: plates, prisms, cells, screens, protective glasses, light filters, lenses, etc.
Every crystal is thoroughly checked with X-ray.